Grilled Cheese Loaf
Meet the Cook: Generally, I serve this with steaks and salads. The loaf's so quick to make, in fact, I often grill two of them.
I have always loved to bake...especially anything chocolate! My husband and our children - a boy 12 and a girl 9 - are eager taste-testers for me. Plus I'm a cook for our local schools.
-Debbi Baker, Green Springs, Ohio
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add cheese, onions and
- garlic salt; mix well. Spread on both sides of each slice of bread.
- Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18
- in.); seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10
- minutes, turning once. Carefully open foil; grill bread 5 minutes
- longer. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 172 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.