Grilled Cheese Loaf Recipe
Meet the Cook: Generally, I serve this with steaks and salads. The loaf's so quick to make, in fact, I often grill two of them. I have always loved to bake...especially anything chocolate! My husband and our children - a boy 12 and a girl 9 - are eager taste-testers for me. Plus I'm a cook for our local schools. -Debbi Baker, Green Springs, Ohio
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add cheese, onions and garlic salt; mix well. Cut bread, leaving slices attached at the bottom; spread slices with cream cheese mixture.
- 2. Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.); seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Carefully open foil; grill bread 5 minutes longer. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 172 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Cheese Loaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC