Grilled Cheese Loaf Recipe
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add cheese, onions and garlic salt; mix well. Cut bread, leaving slices attached at the bottom; spread slices with cream cheese mixture.
- 2. Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.); seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Carefully open foil; grill bread 5 minutes longer. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 172 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Grilled Cheese Loaf
"I was excited to try this, and it lived up to my expectation. It was very easy to make, even for me!"
"Made this several times and always a major hit!"
"This is so good! Can be made ahead of time and ready for the grill when you are."