Grilled Cheese Loaf Recipe
Meet the Cook: Generally, I serve this with steaks and salads. The loaf's so quick to make, in fact, I often grill two of them. I have always loved to bake...especially anything chocolate! My husband and our children - a boy 12 and a girl 9 - are eager taste-testers for me. Plus I'm a cook for our local schools. -Debbi Baker, Green Springs, Ohio
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add cheese, onions and garlic salt; mix well. Spread on both sides of each slice of bread.
- Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.); seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape; grill 5 minutes longer. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Cheese Loaf in Country Woman July/August 1997, p29
Reviews for Grilled Cheese Loaf(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2011
I was excited to try this, and it lived up to my expectation. It was very easy to make, even for me!
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2011
Made this several times and always a major hit!
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2009
This is so good! Can be made ahead of time and ready for the grill when you are.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grilled Appetizers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >