Grilled Cheese in a Pan
My cousin served this dish at a shower years ago, and my daughter and I immediately asked for the recipe. If you don't have the exact cheeses it calls for, you can switch a couple and it still tastes absolutely delicious.—Mary Ann Wendt, Ada, Michigan
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 cups (1 cup each) shredded Muenster, Monterey Jack, Swiss and cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Unroll crescent roll dough; divide in half. Seal perforations. Line
- an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan with half of the dough. Layer
- with the Muenster, Monterey Jack, Swiss, cheddar and cream cheese.
- Pour egg over all.
- Top with remaining dough. Brush with butter; sprinkle with sesame
- seeds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 396 calories, 32 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 608 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 16 g protein.