Grilled Cheese & Tomato Flatbreads Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley, chives, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper until blended.
- 2. Unroll pizza crust and cut in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion into a 12x6-in. rectangle; brush each side with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove from the grill.
- 3. Spread grilled sides with cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese; top with tomatoes. Return to the grill. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted, rotating halfway through cooking to ensure an evenly browned crust. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 2 flatbreads (12 servings each).
1 piece equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Cheese & Tomato Flatbreads
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.