Grilled Cheese & Prosciutto Recipe
Using a bread other than the expected white loaf is key to these crowd-pleasers. Thankfully, my local market in mid-Missouri carries kalamata olive bread. If you are unable to locate it, herbed Italian bread will work. —Amy Dodson, Columbia, Missouri
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 12 thin slices hard salami
- 12 slices Italian or kalamata olive bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1. Layer the provolone, prosciutto and salami on six bread slices; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- 2. In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 sandwiches.
1 sandwich: 497 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1590mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Cheese & Prosciutto
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC