Grilled Cheese & Pepper Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 4 slices rye bread with caraway seeds
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and peppers until tender. Divide between two bread slices. Top with cheese and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- 2. In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes per side. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich: 470 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Cheese & Pepper Sandwiches
"This was a great, easy meal. I added ham and a few pieces of pepperoni, omitted the jalapeno and used pepper jack cheese instead. 'Pretty near excellent', as my husband said."
"This was so good! I used cheese and jalapeno bread from the bakery at our local grocery store and it was amazing! I'm surprised it doesn't have many reviews :-)"