- 4 slices rye bread with caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Butter one side of each slice of bread with 1/2 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a small skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender. Spoon onto two buttered bread slices; top with cheese and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with remaining butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Cheese & Pepper Sandwiches
Sort By :
"This was a great, easy meal. I added ham and a few pieces of pepperoni, omitted the jalapeno and used pepper jack cheese instead. 'Pretty near excellent', as my husband said."
"This was so good! I used cheese and jalapeno bread from the bakery at our local grocery store and it was amazing! I'm surprised it doesn't have many reviews :-)"