Grilled Caribbean Lime Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2/3 cup cubed avocado
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, oil, garlic and Greek seasoning; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. In a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Chill until serving.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 260 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Caribbean Lime Chicken
"This was excellent, easy and would be great for a summer cookout with friends and family. I served it with Zataran's Yellow Rice. I doubled the salsa and served it next day with tortilla chips."
"This chicken is amazing!!!!!! It has such a great flavor and my family LOVED it!"
"My daughter & I made this recipe for our Father's Day dinner. Everyone liked it, even the kids! It is easy to make too!"
"I really liked the marinade for the chicken. The salsa was good, but nobody at our house is a fan of avocado, so I would probably omit that next time."
"This is a great "company" recipe--and good for every day use, too. Great salsa!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.