- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2/3 cup cubed avocado
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, oil, garlic and Greek seasoning; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. In a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Chill until serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Caribbean Lime Chicken
"This was excellent, easy and would be great for a summer cookout with friends and family. I served it with Zataran's Yellow Rice. I doubled the salsa and served it next day with tortilla chips."
"This chicken is amazing!!!!!! It has such a great flavor and my family LOVED it!"
"I really liked the marinade for the chicken. The salsa was good, but nobody at our house is a fan of avocado, so I would probably omit that next time."
"This is a great "company" recipe--and good for every day use, too. Great salsa!"