With its amazing tropical salsa, this entree is a showstopper. Add leftover salsa to quesadillas, pork tenderloin or serve it with tortilla chips. Mary Shivers - Ada, Oklahoma
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2/3 cup cubed avocado
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, oil, garlic and Greek seasoning; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. In a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Chill until serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Caribbean Lime Chicken in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p32
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Caribbean Lime Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review