Grilled Caponata Bruschetta Recipe
An amazing combination of vegetables goes into this flavorful veggie medley. And at less than 65 calories each, you don't have to stop at just one! Sonya Miller - Austin, Texas
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 celery rib
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 30 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1. Cut the eggplant, celery and zucchini into 3/4-in. slices; place in a large bowl. Cut the peppers, onion and tomato into wedges; add to bowl. Add garlic and 1/4 cup oil; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer vegetables to a grilling grid coated with cooking spray. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- 3. Brush bread slices with remaining oil; grill for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Chop vegetables into 1/4-in. pieces; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the raisins, tomato sauce, olives, basil and oregano. Spoon 1 tablespoon mixture over each slice of toast. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 piece: 63 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Grilled Caponata Bruschetta
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC