An amazing combination of vegetables goes into this flavorful veggie medley. And at less than 65 calories each, you don't have to stop at just one! Sonya Miller - Austin, Texas
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 celery rib
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 30 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- Cut the eggplant, celery and zucchini into 3/4-in. slices; place in a large bowl. Cut the peppers, onion and tomato into wedges; add to bowl. Add garlic and 1/4 cup oil; toss to coat.
- Transfer vegetables to a grilling grid coated with cooking spray. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Brush bread slices with remaining oil; grill for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Chop vegetables into 1/4-in. pieces; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the raisins, tomato sauce, olives, basil and oregano. Spoon 1 tablespoon mixture over each slice of toast. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Grilled Caponata Bruschetta in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p49
Reviews for Grilled Caponata Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review