"Add some veggies like red and orange bell pepper rings on a bed of salad greens for a healthy, elegant meal." Bridget Coulter, San Diego, CA
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, thread shrimp and lemon wedges. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 8 skewers.
Originally published as Cajun Shrimp Skewers in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p21
Reviews for Grilled Cajun Shrimp Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review