Grilled Cajun Green Beans
This is a perfect way to use up your garden's green beans. The cajun flavor makes it different from your regular green bean recipe.Shannon Lewis, Andover, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place green beans on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18
- in. square). Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and dot with butter. Fold
- foil around beans and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes. Turn packet over;
- grill 8-12 minutes longer or until beans are tender. Carefully open
- foil to allow steam to escape.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 56 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.