Grilled Caesar Salad Recipe
“This recipe is from my aunt. It’s great when it’s too hot to cook inside and you want something more than a typical salad. Plus, it whips up in minutes," says Debbie Clark of Northglenn, Colorado.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 bunches romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 3/4 cup salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Prepare grill for indirect medium heat. In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic; let stand for 5 minutes. Brush over the cut side of each romaine half; lightly brush with 2-3 tablespoons salad dressing.
- 2. Grill, covered, for 3-4 minutes or until outer leaves begin to wilt and romaine is heated through, turning once. Coarsely chop romaine, discarding cores.
- 3. Transfer to a salad bowl. Sprinkle with croutons and cheese. Serve with remaining salad dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 253 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 556 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC