Grilled Caesar Salad
“This recipe is from my aunt. It’s great when it’s too hot to cook inside and you want something more than a typical salad. Plus, it whips up in minutes," says Debbie Clark of Northglenn, Colorado.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 bunches romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 3/4 cup salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Prepare grill for indirect medium heat. In a small bowl, combine
- butter and garlic; let stand for 5 minutes. Brush over the cut side
- of each romaine half; lightly brush with 2-3 tablespoons salad
- Grill, covered, for 3-4 minutes or until outer leaves begin to wilt
- and romaine is heated through, turning once. Coarsely chop romaine,
- discarding cores.
- Transfer to a salad bowl. Sprinkle with croutons and cheese. Serve
- with remaining salad dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 253 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 556 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.