I don't really like cabbage, but I fixed this recipe and couldn't believe how good it was! We threw some burgers on the grill and our dinner was complete. I never thought I'd skip dessert because I was full from eating too much cabbage! —Elizabeth Wheeler, Thornville, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut cabbage into eight wedges; place on a double thickness of
- heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 12 in.). Spread cut sides with
- butter. Sprinkle with onion, garlic salt and pepper.
- Fold foil around cabbage and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over
- medium heat for 20 minutes or until tender. Open foil carefully to
- allow steam to escape. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wedge equals 98 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.