Sour cream makes these burgers delightfully moist, and thyme and black pepper give them zip. These sandwiches are a terrific taste of summer served with tall glasses of lemonade or iced tea.
Jesse & Anne Foust, Bluefield, West Virginia
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and onion, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; add beef and mix
- gently. Shape into 10 patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and
- onion if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 358 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.