Grilled Burgers with Horseradish Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 12 tomato slices
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, dill, onion, pickle relish and horseradish; cover and refrigerate. In another bowl, combine the first eight burger ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 2. Grill patties, covered, over medium-hot heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and horseradish sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 burger with about 4 teaspoons sauce) equals 418 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 688 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean met, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.