These burgers are a twist on the traditional backyard favorite. A dollop of dill and horseradish dressing gives extra bite to this standard. They are made with lean ground beef to keep the fat content low, and includes grated carrots and chopped fresh mushrooms to sneak in some veggies.—Deb Anderson, Joplin, Missouri
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 12 tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, dill, onion, pickle relish and horseradish; cover and refrigerate. In another bowl, combine the first eight burger ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium-hot heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and horseradish sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Burgers with Horseradish Sauce in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p11
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Grilled Burgers with Horseradish Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review