During a beach vacation, in an effort to cook our entire meal outside on the grill, I made our not-so-simple veggie choice into a simple grilled side dish. For spicier sprouts, season with red pepper flakes —Tiffany Ihle, Bronx, New York
Featured In: Top 10 Grilled Vegetable Recipes
- 16 fresh Brussels sprouts (about 1-1/2-inch diameter), trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large saucepan, place a steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Bring water to a boil. Place Brussels sprouts in basket. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, until crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Cool slightly; cut each sprout in half.
- Cut red pepper and onion into 1-1/2-in. pieces. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread Brussels sprouts, red pepper and onion pieces. Mix salt, garlic powder and pepper. Brush vegetables with oil; sprinkle with salt mixture. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until vegetables are tender, 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Brussels Sprouts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p142
Reviews for Grilled Brussels Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review