Grilled Brown Sugar-Mustard Chicken
I came up with this recipe in college and it's been a household staple ever since. It's a snap to throw together with ingredients I have on hand. —Kendra Doss, Colorado Springs, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- In a large bowl, mix mustard, brown sugar, allspice and pepper
- flakes. Remove 1/4 cup mixture for serving. Add chicken to remaining
- mixture; toss to coat.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve
- with reserved mustard mixture.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken thigh with 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard mixture equals 224 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.