- 1/2 cup yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- In a large bowl, mix mustard, brown sugar, allspice and pepper flakes. Remove 1/4 cup mixture for serving. Add chicken to remaining mixture; toss to coat.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with reserved mustard mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Brown Sugar-Mustard Chicken
Sort By :
"I followed the recipe and this was great. I used Dijon mustard instead of the yellow. It's quick easy and delicious."
"I followed this recipe to a T and it was terrible. The only thing we could conclude it tasted like was potpourri. After reading other reviews I'm not sure if I did something wrong somewhere or what the case was, but this was not good - all household members agreed, which doesn't happen often in our home -ESPECIALLY with Taste of Home recipes - this is one of the FEW that hasn't worked out and been delicious :("
"Made this yesterday for Memorial Day weekend picnic. Everyone loved it. I followed the recipe to the letter and so glad I did. I will be making this for any picnic we go to over the summer and for us here at home. So easy and delish!!!! Thank you for the great recipe."
"I tried this last night, but being alone now, had to make adjust it for myself. I had a nice turkey thigh in the freezer and used it. The only changes I made were to add some crushed garlic, and a bit of hot sauce to add to the heat of the chilies. I left the skin on the thighs, and of course had to cook it longer, and was done on the BBQ, but it turned out perfect. Was wonderful with a basic salad I quickly drummed up. Great easy recipe. Thanks a bunch."