- 1/2 cup yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- In a large bowl, mix mustard, brown sugar, allspice and pepper flakes. Remove 1/4 cup mixture for serving. Add chicken to remaining mixture; toss to coat.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with reserved mustard mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Brown Sugar-Mustard Chicken
Sort By :
"Simple and delicious. Made it with yellow mustard and it was great. My mom also tried it with Dijon and we didn't like it nearly as much. Yellow mustard is the way to go. Also I used the extra sauce to baste as I grilled the thighs."
"Delish! I made this with boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the grill."
"Delicious from the oven. I will try grilling next time."
"This was a tasty recipe. I would probably try grilling the chicken instead of broiling next time. The mustard was a bit prominent, but I think grilling may seal in the other flavors a little better."
"I was a little leary with all the mustard but.....WOW! This marinade is fantastic! Even a friend of mine who hates mustard liked it. I used boneless skinless thighs. Definitely a keeper!"