- 1/2 cup yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- In a large bowl, mix mustard, brown sugar, allspice and pepper flakes. Remove 1/4 cup mixture for serving. Add chicken to remaining mixture; toss to coat.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with reserved mustard mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Brown Sugar-Mustard Chicken
Sort By :
"Made this yesterday for Memorial Day weekend picnic. Everyone loved it. I followed the recipe to the letter and so glad I did. I will be making this for any picnic we go to over the summer and for us here at home. So easy and delish!!!! Thank you for the great recipe."
"I tried this last night, but being alone now, had to make adjust it for myself. I had a nice turkey thigh in the freezer and used it. The only changes I made were to add some crushed garlic, and a bit of hot sauce to add to the heat of the chilies. I left the skin on the thighs, and of course had to cook it longer, and was done on the BBQ, but it turned out perfect. Was wonderful with a basic salad I quickly drummed up. Great easy recipe. Thanks a bunch."
"Great tasting quick sauce for chicken. Used yellow mustard, and I didn't think the mustard taste was overwhelming at all."
"Wonderful! Made it with yellow mustard. Flavorful and easy to assemble when you don't have time to marinate ahead of time."
"Simple and delicious. Made it with yellow mustard and it was great. My mom also tried it with Dijon and we didn't like it nearly as much. Yellow mustard is the way to go. Also I used the extra sauce to baste as I grilled the thighs."