Grilled Broccoli Recipe
I started using this recipe in 1987, when I began cooking light. It's been a favorite side dish ever since. With its lemon and Parmesan flavors, it once took second place in a cooking contest. —Alice Nulle of Woodstock, Illinois
- 6 cups fresh broccoli spears
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shaved Parmesan cheese and purple basil leaves, optional
- 1. Place broccoli in a large bowl. Combine the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Toss broccoli, then drain marinade. Place cheese in a large resealable plastic bag. Add broccoli, a few pieces at a time, shake to coat.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place broccoli over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. If desired, garnish with shaved Parmesan and fresh basil. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 107 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC