I started using this recipe in 1987, when I began cooking light. It's been a favorite side dish ever since. With its lemon and Parmesan flavors, it once took second place in a cooking contest. —Alice Nulle of Woodstock, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + standing Grill: 10 min.
- 6 cups fresh broccoli spears
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shaved Parmesan cheese and purple basil leaves, optional
- Place broccoli in a large bowl. Combine the lemon juice, oil, salt
- and pepper; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. Let stand for 30
- Toss broccoli, then drain marinade. Place cheese in a large
- resealable plastic bag. Add broccoli, a few pieces at a time, shake
- to coat.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a
- drip pan. Place broccoli over drip pan and grill, covered, over
- indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until
- crisp-tender. If desired, garnish with shaved Parmesan and fresh
- basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 107 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium,