- 6 cups fresh broccoli spears
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shaved Parmesan cheese and purple basil leaves, optional
- Place broccoli in a large bowl. Combine the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Toss broccoli, then drain marinade. Place cheese in a large resealable plastic bag. Add broccoli, a few pieces at a time, shake to coat.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place broccoli over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. If desired, garnish with shaved Parmesan and fresh basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Broccoli
Sort By :
Definitely a different take on broccoli. No marinade left over for me either. This was a nice change for a side dish.
I agree with DebbiR, I didn't have any marinade to empty. It did come out OK, though it was sticking on my grilling pan (I used an old baking tray). I would make it again, but I would use more oil and a little more lemon juice.
I followed the recipe, but I added about a 1/4 to a 1/2 teaspoon of garlic power
i am just making this but don't understand how i could have enough marinade even to "drain". i had to double it just to coat the 2 cups of broccoli!
I bought a teflon pan with small holes in it for my grill, this works well with this broccoli dish/great for fish/shrimp/stir fry on the grill.