Grilled Bourbon Chops
My husband is a grill master and loves a good bourbon, making this recipe the perfect combination of both! Sometimes we use thicker chops. If you do, too, remember to cook them long enough to reach 145. —Donna Bryan, Columbia Falls, Montana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup bourbon or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, mix bourbon, brown sugar, mustard and garlic;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or
- until slightly thickened.
- Mix onion powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over pork chops. Grill,
- covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes on
- each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes
- before serving. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with about 4 teaspoons sauce equals 390 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 555 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein.