Grilled Bourbon Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup bourbon or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1. In a small saucepan, mix bourbon, brown sugar, mustard and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Mix onion powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over pork chops. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with about 4 teaspoons sauce: 390 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0g fiber), 36g protein .
Reviews for Grilled Bourbon Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.