My husband is a grill master and loves a good bourbon, making this recipe the perfect combination of both! Sometimes we use thicker chops. If you do, too, remember to cook them long enough to reach 145. —Donna Bryan, Columbia Falls, Montana
- 1/4 cup bourbon or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, mix bourbon, brown sugar, mustard and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Mix onion powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over pork chops. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Bourbon Chops in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Bourbon Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review