- 1/4 cup bourbon or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, mix bourbon, brown sugar, mustard and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Mix onion powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over pork chops. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Bourbon Chops
"We had these chops based on MarineMom's review on FB. Yum! We, too used thicker bone-in chops. The sauce is delicious! We will definitely enjoy this recipe again and again!"
"I prepared these chops tonight. I followed the recipe using bourbon but did use thicker boned chops. Hubby loved the chops but he likes bourbon. I am not fond of bourbon so I would have preferred the apple juice. The recipe was delicious and so easy to prepare. Next time I may try the apple juice. Hubby cleaned his plate. I recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor."