Grilled Blue Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 slices white or wheat bread
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 3 tablespoons mayonnaise for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender; cool. In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, cayenne, mushroom mixture and remaining mayonnaise. Spread 1/3 cup on six slices of bread
- 2. In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2-3 tablespoons butter. Toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted, adding butter if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 460 calories, 33g fat (14g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Blue Cheese Sandwiches
"Fantastic grilled cheese sandwich! Only thing we left out were the mushrooms. Creamy and full of flavor, what a great deviation from the traditional grilled cheese."