Grilled Beef Tenderloins Recipe
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
1 steak equals 263 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.