Grilled Beef Tenderloins
Bold flavors bring out the best in these super-tender steaks. —Patricia Swart, Galloway , New Jersey
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients. Add the steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate
- for up to 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill
- steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak equals 263 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.