- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Beef Tenderloins
Sort By :
Broiled these and they were great! Didn't have any ground ancho chili pepper so I altered the spices to make the difference: 1 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp each garlic powder and dried oregano (the chili powder has ancho chili, garlic powder, oregano, and ground cumin in it).
This was so good and the flavors were amazing. I even tried it on some cheaper cuts of beef for the kids and they all loved it.
maybe do this with a strip or new york or sirloin, but a tenderloin....?? Never!!!
Why would you ruin a perfectly great steak with a weird variety of spices and soy sauce..
When isn't a beef tenderloin excellent? When it is over-cooked. Because there is little to no fat on this delicious piece of meat, securing a strip of bacon around the sides is one way to add juiciness to the tenderloins. Marinating is great, but a rub with turbinado-sugar will give this grilled baby a nice char-grilled, outer crust and seal-in the juices inside. Rare to medium-rare is the best way to eat this beef.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >