Bold flavors bring out the best in these super-tender steaks. —Patricia Swart, Galloway , New Jersey
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Beef Tenderloins in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p14
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Beef Tenderloins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review