Grilled Beef-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 1 each large sweet yellow, orange, red and green pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh thyme, oregano and basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Marinara sauce, warmed
- 1. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and seeds. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion, bread crumbs, garlic powder, herbs, onion powder, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Spoon into pepper halves; brush with oil.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place peppers over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and peppers are tender. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 stuffed pepper half equals 287 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.