I always tell my husband he doesn’t have to cook to impress; it’s only me. But this simple classic was so delicious! —Kathy and Michael Roth, Lansing, Illinois
- 1 each large sweet yellow, orange, red and green pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh thyme, oregano and basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Marinara sauce, warmed
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and seeds. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion, bread crumbs, garlic powder, herbs, onion powder, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Spoon into pepper halves; brush with oil.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place peppers over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and peppers are tender. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Stuffed Peppers in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p55
Reviews for Grilled Beef-Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review