- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) French or Russian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 to 10 bacon strips, cut in half
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 small zucchini squash, cut into chunks
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, quartered, optional
- Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder and pepper. Pour half over beef. Cover and refrigerate meat for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and reserve marinade from beef. Wrap bacon around beef cubes. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- Grill over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Beef Kabobs
Sort By :
Best kabobs I've ever made! I actually signed up for Taste of Home just so I could write this review. Usually Kabobs taste charred or dry to me, but these were just fantastic. So much flavor and not dry at all due to the basting of the marinade. Would make them again in a heartbeat. My beef was tender and worked fine. Great recipe!
The sauce was tasty but my beef was a little tough. I must have used the wrong cut of beef - otherwise fabulously tasty - the veggies were superb and the marinade as a baste was very good - beef aside they were the best kabobs I have ever made.