Grilling the tortillas in this easy fajita recipe makes them have just the right amount of crunch, and the red pepper and cream cheese really makes them feel special.
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet, saute red pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender; remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the steak, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in remaining oil for 2-4 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness. Return vegetables to the pan; heat through.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese off-center on each tortilla; top with beef mixture. Fold in sides and roll up. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until tortilla is browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Beef Fajitas in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p8
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Beef Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2014
"Quick, simple and delicious"