Grilling the tortillas in this easy fajita recipe makes them have just the right amount of crunch, and the red pepper and cream cheese really makes them feel special.
Recommended: 21 Recipes to Make for Taco Tuesday
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet, saute red pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender; remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the steak, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in remaining oil for 2-4 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness. Return vegetables to the pan; heat through.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese off-center on each tortilla; top with beef mixture. Fold in sides and roll up. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until tortilla is browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Beef Fajitas in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p8
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Beef Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2016
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2014
"quick, simple and delicious"