Grilled Beef & Blue Cheese Sandwiches
Roast beef, red onion and blue cheese really amp up this deluxe grilled sandwich. If you like a little heat, mix some horseradish into the spread. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and blue cheese until blended.
- Spread over bread slices. Layer four of the slices with roast beef
- and onion; top with remaining bread slices.
- Brush outsides of sandwiches with oil. In a large skillet, toast
- sandwiches over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden
- brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.