Grilled BBQ Meatball Pizzas Recipe
Be the hit of the party with these tasty treats featuring the ever-popular frozen meatball. You won't believe how much great grill flavor comes through. Willie DeWaard - Coralville, IA
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Add water and oil; mix until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook meatballs according to package directions. Cut each meatball in half. In a large bowl, combine barbecue sauce and preserves. Add meatball halves; stir to coat.
- 3. Divide dough into fourths. Roll each portion into a 6-in. circle. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill dough, covered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Remove from grill.
- 4. Layer the grilled side of each pizza with meatball mixture, cheese and onions. Return pizzas to grill. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 pizzas.
1 pizza equals 738 calories, 39 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 1,456 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled BBQ Meatball Pizzas
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC