Grilled BBQ Meatball Pizzas Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Add water and oil; mix until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook meatballs according to package directions. Cut each meatball in half. In a large bowl, combine barbecue sauce and preserves. Add meatball halves; stir to coat.
- Divide dough into fourths. Roll each portion into a 6-in. circle. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill dough, covered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Remove from grill.
- Layer the grilled side of each pizza with meatball mixture, cheese and onions. Return pizzas to grill. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 pizzas.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Grilled BBQ Meatball Pizzas(2)
Sort By :
secondson, you can reduce the saltiness of those meatballs by simmering them in a pot of water for about 1/2 an hour or so. It will not diminish the flavor of the meat. I did this with frozen meatballs after I had used 1/2 the bag in another dish and noticed how salty they were.
I want to make this recipe if I can figure out how to cut down on the sodium.