- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- For marinade, place first five ingredients in a blender. Cut four tomatoes into quarters and add to blender; cover and process until blended. Halve remaining tomatoes for grilling.
- In a bowl, combine chicken and 2/3 cup marinade; refrigerate, covered, 1 hour, turning occasionally. Reserve remaining marinade for serving.
- Place chicken on an oiled grill rack over medium heat; discard marinade remaining in bowl. Grill chicken, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes per side. Grill tomatoes, covered, over medium heat until lightly browned, 2-4 minutes per side. Serve chicken and tomatoes with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Basil Chicken and Tomatoes
"WOW! The reviews are right. This is soooo good! I did cut the recipe in half for just my husband and I, and it worked out fine. Do *NOT* sub in dried basil for the fresh. The fresh basil really brings out the flavors of the dressing. We marinated it for exactly 1 hour, then grilled it. We spooned a bit of the dressing on top after it was done. We are saving the leftover dressing for a side salad on another night. I will DEFINITELY make this again. YUM!"
"The chicken had excellent flavor! So delicious! Great way to use fresh basil."
"This is the best marinade for chicken! I think it is the balsamic vinegar that makes it different than the rest. Definitely a keeper. Every time I make it, people ask me for the recipe. I usually grill more than I need and have the leftovers on a salad the next day. Delicious!"
"Delicious! No other words needed!"
"A very delicious summery meal!"
"I made this for dinner tonight with bone in breasts and thighs and there was plenty of sauce for marinating and dipping later. So yummy! Fresh flavors abound! I will be making this again and sharing it with my friends!"
"Grilled this last night, turned out GREAT!!! Tomatoes were fresh out of our garden.The wife wanted the recipe fo her co-workers."
"This was delicious. I marinated the chicken for about 3 hours and it really picked up the flavors of the marinade. A winner for sure."