Grilled Basil Chicken Recipe
This cinch of a marinade gives the chicken lots of Italian flavor. Serve the chicken with a tossed green salad and garlic breadsticks, or put slices on a ciabatta roll along with lettuce, tomato and mozzarella cheese for a zesty handheld meal. —Lisa Moriarty, Wilton, New Hampshire
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Grilled romaine, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. If desired, serve over grilled romaine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Basil Chicken in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Basil Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review