Grilled Barbecued Salmon
For a beautiful blend of sweet and spicy, salmon is grilled and basted with barbecue sauce perked up by brown sugar and hints of chili, soy sauce and lime.—Country Woman Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 1/4 cup
- for serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over hot heat or
- broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork, basting occasionally with barbecue sauce
- Top with reserved sauce; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 383 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 785 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a