For a beautiful blend of sweet and spicy, salmon is grilled and basted with barbecue sauce perked up by brown sugar and hints of chili, soy sauce and lime.—Country Woman Test Kitchen
Recommended: BBQ Recipes Across America
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 1/4 cup for serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over hot heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with barbecue sauce mixture.
- Top with reserved sauce; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Salmon in Country Woman April/May 2011, p38
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Barbecued Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2013
"My husband loved it. I didn't have chilli garlic sauce, it was still great."