For a beautiful blend of sweet and spicy, salmon is grilled and basted with barbecue sauce perked up by brown sugar and hints of chili, soy sauce and lime.—Country Woman Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 1/4 cup for serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over hot heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with barbecue sauce mixture.
- Top with reserved sauce; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Salmon in Country Woman April/May 2011, p38
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Barbecued Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2013
"My husband loved it. I didn't have chilli garlic sauce, it was still great."