Grilled Barbecued Chicken
It's fun for me to have my family together so I can prepare their favorite foods, like this saucy barbecued chicken. The moist and plump pieces always bring enthusiastic compliments from our four grown children and three grandkids.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 35 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (4 to 5 pounds), skin removed
- In a bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate
- 1/3 cup for basting. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic
- bag; add remaining marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour,
- turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, covered, over
- indirect medium heat for 20 minutes. Turn; grill 15-25 minutes
- longer or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved
- marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon