- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (4 to 5 pounds), skin removed
- In a bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 1/3 cup for basting. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20 minutes. Turn; grill 15-25 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Barbecued Chicken
Sort By :
"Loved it! Have made again and again"
"Really good! This is probably the only marinade I have ever made with melted butter. It was surprisingly a good addition. It seemed to help crisp up the skin, providing a nice texture."
"So good! Everyone loved it. Was just as good on steak. This will be my go-to marinade."
"Wow. We made this for a party and got rave reviews. Delicious!"
"Amazing recipe! I made this for a large family gathering, and everybody loved it. To save time, I coarsely chopped the onion and threw all of the marinade ingredients into the blender to make everything smooth."