Grilled Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (4 to 5 pounds), skin removed
- In a bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 1/3 cup for basting. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20 minutes. Turn; grill 15-25 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Barbecued Chicken(7)
Sort By :
Wow. We made this for a party and got rave reviews. Delicious!
Amazing recipe! I made this for a large family gathering, and everybody loved it. To save time, I coarsely chopped the onion and threw all of the marinade ingredients into the blender to make everything smooth.
I don't usually take the time to write a review after a recipe, but I had to come back to this one! I did the marinade all day and this was so moist and delicious. I did not take the time to cut up garlic and used powder instead...just as good. I think you could also use onion powder instead if you don't want the chunks in the marinade. Either way, this is delicious and we will most definitely make this again. I do suggest pounding the chicken first to make for extra moist meat.
I wonder if there is an equal substitute for the butter to make it less fattening?
My two year old loved this! She normally doesn't eat much meat at all but wanted thirds of this great recipe.
Oh gosh, this was SOOOOO good! As a marinade it was good, but I highly recommend taking the sauce and simmering all ingredients until the onion is soft. Then, serve this sauce along side chicken, fish or meat. It was so totally YUM when my boyfriend and I had this tonight. We will definitely make it again. We put the extra pieces of chicken in the sauce to soak it up overnight. Chicken salad here we come!! :)
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >