My niece Amanda Jean and I have a lot of fun in the kitchen creating different dishes. One of us will start with recipe idea and it just grows from there—and so does the mess. We always have a blast. That's exactly what happened with our Grilled Banana Brownie Sundae with Peanut Butter Cream. —Carol Farnsworth, Greenwood, Indiana
- 2 medium bananas, unpeeled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 8 prepared brownies (2x2-inch)
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Cut unpeeled bananas crosswise in half, then lengthwise in half. Place quartered bananas on an oiled grill rack, cut side down. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, brown sugar and peanut butter until smooth.
- To serve, remove bananas from peel; place over brownies. Top with cream cheese mixture, ice cream, fudge topping and peanuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Banana Brownie Sundaes in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Reviews for Grilled Banana Brownie Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review