My family loves these sandwiches and they are very easy to prepare. Fresh basil, tangy Italian dressing and melted cheese meld perfectly together in this simple sandwich. —Betty Snoddy, Franklin, Missouri
- 4 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Top two slices of bread with a slice of cheese; layer with tomato, bacon, basil and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread. Brush dressing over outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Bacon-Tomato Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p10
Reviews for Grilled Bacon-Tomato Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review