Grilled Bacon-Onion Appetizers
”I’m the father of three girls who loves cooking for the family in my spare time,” says Dayton Hulst from Moorhead, Minnesota. ”All of us really love this savory treat.”
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 large sweet onions
- 12 hickory-smoked bacon strips
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Cut each onion into 12 wedges. Cut bacon strips in half widthwise;
- wrap a piece of bacon around each onion wedge and secure with
- toothpicks. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, molasses and
- barbecue sauce; pour 1/2 cup over onions. Cover and refrigerate for
- 1 hour, turning once. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill onions, covered, over medium heat
- for 10-15 minutes, turning and basting frequently with reserved
- marinade. Yield: 2 dozen.
This recipe pairs well with a blush wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with M.Chapoutier Côtes du Rhône Belleruche Rosé 2013
, light, sweet and pink. A perfect wine for just enjoying on its own or with lighter fare. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now