Grilled Bacon Burgers
“I really like cooking and having family or friends over," writes Wanda Holoubek from Omaha, Nebraska. "These juicy burgers always go over big at get-togethers.”
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 5 bacon strips
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- Leaf lettuce, tomato slices and onion slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, cheese, onion, soy sauce, ketchup
- and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into five
- patties. Wrap a bacon strip around each; secure with a toothpick.
- Grill patties, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes on
- each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run
- clear. Discard toothpicks. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and
- onion if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger with a bun (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 411 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 939 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.